NRA Home Safety
Take charge of your family’s safety and get the basic knowledge and skills to safely handle or store firearms and ammunition in the home
The NRA Home Safety course is designed for the novice firearms enthusiast. It consists entirely of classroom time, with no live fire. Students will learn how to properly handle, store, and clean a firearm, how ammunition works, how to identify different types of firearms and actions, and how to safely unload a firearm. This course will provide you with a completion certificate, home firearm safety handbook, NRA basic firearms brochure, and cun safety rules brochure.
- The Course Outline:
- Rules for safe gun handling
- Major causes of accidents
- Basic Elements of safety
- Four fundamental safe gun-handling rules
- Safety when storing firearms
- Responsibility to teach safety to children
- Identifying and unloading different types of firearms
- Define handgun, rifle, & shotgun
- Identify different handguns and their parts Unload handguns
- Identify different rifles and their parts Unload rifles
- Identify different shotguns and their parts Unload shotguns
- Identify muzzle-loading firearms
- Practical Exercises
- Unload and handle firearms mentioned above
- Types and function of ammunition
- Identify different types of rifle, shotgun, and handgun ammunition
- Explain the firing sequence of a cartridge and shotshell
- Cleaning and storage of firearms
- Demonstrate proper disassembly and cleaning of firearms
- Explain how to store firearms and ammunition properly
Drivers License or Other ID
All ages are welcome
There are currently no classes scheduled. Please sign up for notifications for when this class is rescheduled again. Please note this does not sign you up for the newsletter unless you request it.
We believe in what we do and we stand behind it too. If you feel that you didn’t fully retain the information from your class or you just want to make sure you fully understood it you are welcome to come back and sit in on the same class again at no charge. This applies to all classes except for hands on tactical classes in which case we will continue to work with you during the class until you fully understand the methods being taught to you.
Below is a full list of our training options. Some courses are run more often then others so if there is one you want that has no scheduled date be sure to fill in the waitlist form to be notified when it comes back up again. If you have enough people we may also schedule a class just for your group. Please contact us and we can see if we can work something out.